Monday, October 6, 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - Review


I decided to invest in Nars Sheer Glow foundation a month or two ago, I really do have a lot I could say about it. It is a satin finish rather than a dewy finish as most of you heard before about this foundation. However it does glow a bit in the beginning of the day with I put it on but the glow disappears as the time flies. The foundation feels very lightweight and gives me light to medium coverage. I've heard about it being able to add up to full coverage but I've yet to try it.


Ah, how I've missed my long hair.... now I have a dreaded pixie cut that I absolutely hate, despite getting so many compliments on it. Can't wait until it grows out! Anyway, enough of a trip down memory lane, here's my review!

However, sometimes the foundation really likes to cling to my dry patches which is extremely annoying. That isn't noticeable in this picture as it was just one of the days that it decides to agree with my dry skin. I first applied it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I've found to be very bad at applying it for me, it made the foundation cling to my dry patches very badly. Then I switched to a damp sponge, which seem to work sometimes, but other times, it gives me the whole flaky skin problem. What I'm currently doing with application is using clean fingers which is working  fairly okay. Though I've seen most people apply the foundation with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which I may consider getting. I prefer a brush application, it's less of a mess for me!

The shade I have is Light 5 Fiji which is a good match for me at the moment. I was Light 4 Deauville back in about Feb-March but I tanned towards the summer so I'd say Fiji is good. If anyone needs a reference, my Mac foundation shade is NW20-NW25 :)

Overall, I do recommend this foundation if you have dry skin, just make sure you exfoliate, moisturize, and find an application method that works for you. I also recommend this for oily skin since this can cling onto dry patches. Though, if your skin is extremely oily, check out the Nars Sheer Matte which is the oily alternative for the foundation! The foundation's price is currently (I say currently since Nars likes to raise their prices now and then, unfortunately) $45 in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment