Monday, October 6, 2014

Nars Eyeshadow Duo - Kuala Lumpur - Review


Another recent thing I've gotten. I really love this duo, when I got this I was going through a plum phase in which I was really into plum eyeshadows so I decided I should give Kuala Lumpur a go since it was the first eyeshadow duo from Nars to have caught my attention. Since the colors create a plum color on the eyes, I feel like it really does bring out my brown eyes. Pretty sure every brown-eyed person out there has heard about plum/purple shadow being able to bring out brown eyes.


On the Sephora website, Kuala Lumpur is described as a rose gold/boysenberry infused with gold.

There are the swatches on my arm for reference! I can't help but think of Estee Lauder Duo in Raisins when I first swatched this and looked up swatches online. This could be a good replacement for those who really liked that now discontinued duo. I know I was pretty upset that I couldn't get my hands on Raisins when finding out it had been discontinued. (If anyone knows a good ebay seller who is selling it, please do share :) ) 

Anyway, onto the actual review of it. The eyeshadows are pigmented and I know I've said this so many times but I really love the colors. They are very beautiful! Though, the texture of these shadows aren't as buttery as the Urban Decay shadows. The texture is quite plain. The colors really do last a long time on my eyes. Even longer when I prime my eyes.

Overall, yes I do recommend these eyeshadows if you really want the colors or need a substitute for Estee Lauder Raisins or just want to splurge on something. Though I won't lie, there are possible dupes that you can look for out there as this duo is quite expensive, as of 2014, they are $35 in the US. (As expensive as Nars is, I still love them!) If you have dupes, feel free to list them!

No comments:

Post a Comment